Friday 23 July 2010

One Lonely, Empty Room.

This room is hideously empty. When I first looked around this house I was shown all of the rooms and this one is definitely the largest, if not the second largest, it has a view looking out onto a park across the road with two massive windows which let loads of sunlight in. Then inside there's this double bed, one chest of drawers I was given by a friend of my sister's who was moving house and needed somewhere to offload it, and a television set on the floor that I bought from another friend of my sister's for £20. Sadly I cannot yet afford a stand of any kind to put the tv on, an indoor aerial or a digibox for it. There are two built in wardrobes at the side of the room housing my clothes. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the entire inventory of my bedroom.

The main problem here is that I am incredibly poor right now. I will even admit to you here and now that I have taken to borrowing money from a short term loan company pretty much monthly to see me through to pay days. This is a very sorry state of affairs. As I have documented here, I am currently going to job interviews to try and find a higher paid position which will help me out of this slump, but for the time being this is very much where I am.

What would I do to this room if I had some money? Good question. First I would buy a desk. Currently I lay or sit on my bed when using my laptop, which gives me terrible shoulder ache and makes me feel incredibly tired. With a desk I would feel much more like writing longer pieces and for greater periods of time. Currently I only seem to deliver short sharp bursts.

Next on my shopping list would be a record player. Vinyl is one of my greatest loves but sadly that indulgence is currently on hold as I have nothing to play it. On the rare occasion I do see a piece of vinyl that I want badly I still buy it and afterwards feel a bit of a fool as I really do have no use for it right now.

Lastly I would buy some kind of decoration for my room, some kind of artwork to hang on the walls. I feel too old for posters with blu-tak. And that is my room. It's nothing too fancy, I am a simple person with simple wants. Although at this moment in time that sounds like a luxury to me.

Let's hope my fortune changes very soon.

No comments: