Friday 23 July 2010

Job Interview Number 2

Just realised I hadn't finished the second part of my job interview saga.
This interview was a total different beast. I had been put forward for this job by someone from a recruitment agency and so all the information I had on it was from him, and he had been given the information by his contacts at the company. This job is with a second-charge and bridging loan firm in the centre of town, the job itself would involve me phoning people who were enquiring about taking out a loan or who had previously taken out loands regularly and basically asking them to take out another loan.

The recruitment firm had initally told me that it was going to be a one on one interview. I got to the building, which is in another tower block just off Oxford Road, next to the BBC building, was asked to wait in reception for around twenty minutes and then shown into a meeting room. A lady came in, she introduced herself as the telemarketing team leader, and said it was a three part interview, first of all I would need to fill in a psychological assessment questionaire, secondly I would need to take part in a role playing exercise and finally I would have the interview. Completely did not expect any of this.

The psychological assessment thing was silly, just as they usually are. Mark down which word out of four is most like you and which is least like you. Then it was time for the role play, this did not go brilliantly. Although the basic structure was ok and they probably got an idea of my telephone voice and they way I address customers on the phone, I stammered, went over the same things several times and when the lady came back into the room she told me that I hadn't done enough of a needs analysis and I could have asked the caller more about theirs needs and how they would use the product I was selling. So not a fantastic result.

The actual interview itself seemed to go ok though, it was rather run of the mill, she asked a lot about my telesales experience and how I was currently performing. I asked a few questions at the end, and all seemed pretty adequate.

So now it's just a waiting game. The recruitment consultant called me earlier just to let me know that he had contacted the firm for some feedback but both the team leader and his HR contact were away for the day so they'd let me know the result on Monday. If I'm offered this one I will accept it. But if the first job then contact me with an offer I will drop this one so fast you couldn't believe. But I'm open to either of them still.

And the calls are still coming in with offers for different positions, so if both of these are unsuccessful there are still plenty more chances out there. I'll just need to figure out a way to fit interviews around work.

No comments: