Sunday 25 July 2010

A Rather Nice Weekend

Currently I'm lying on my bed after scoffing down a late night diet coke, galaxy caramel and packet of crisps. Having a 24 hr garage ten minutes up the road is a good thing for me and makes for quite a fitting end to an allround decent couple of days.

Saturday started a little slowly, I laid in until way after 1pm, got my things on and bussed into town with the intention of finding a cashpoint and taking out some cash to get fish and chips with. Once in town I was tempted by Archies Fastfood and Shakes place on Oxford Road, ended up getting myself the best mars bar milkshake I have ever tasted, it's one of those proper milkshake places where they put actual whole chocolate bars in a blender to make your drink with. I am a milkshake addict if you didn't already know.

I got the bus back over to Old Trafford then, started to walk down my road to the chippy when I got a text from Meredith asking if I wanted to go for some food and drinks, I happily replied yes, turned around and walked back to my place. When I met up with her we decided to go to Frankie & Benny's. She hadn't been to a proper restaurant the whole time she's been here so that was pretty cool. We got garlic doughballs for starter, then I had a pepperoni pizza, she had chicken strips and chips, and for afters she had tiramisu and I had a cookie and cream explosion, which was a large warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and whipped cream on top. That was easily the best meal I've had in the last three months and fantastic company as well which always makes things better. We pretty much chatted nonstop the whole meal through, her complaining about her housemates and boys and stuff, me complaining about my job and my family.

Afterwards she needed to go to the Hard Rock Cafe in the Printworks to get a shot glass as a souvenir for her brother's shot glass collection, then we walked up to Piccadilly Gardens and parted ways, I then carried on up to Oldham Street to my sister's place, sat on her bed for an hour whilst she got ready, blasting out some songs from my iphone. When she was ready we got a taxi down to the Club Academy where she was playing a battle of the bands contest.

I love my sister's band, they're a grungy rock band really with a definite pop edge, kind of like Garbage I suppose. They didn't get through to the next round of the contest though, that didn't have anything to do with how good they are or anything, it was purely down to the fact that they only brought about ten people with them whereas the other bands had 20+ and it was a voting thing. So no one was too dissapointed.

Several drinks were drank and afterwards we went back to Kirsty's flat for a bit of a party. Finally crashed around about 4am, woke up at noon today with a cracking headache. Lounged about the flat a little more and eventually came back to my house this afternoon and slept until around 7pm. Now I'm feeling great, if a little too awake for 10.25pm.

I have work in the morning, groan, and I have to be in early as I have the keys to the office in my back pocket. Hoping to get word on how the job interviews went too tomorrow. Fingers crossed! If it's negative responses I'll be straight back looking for more work. I will have a new job soon, I'm sure of it!

No comments: