Sunday 23 May 2010

New Home Again

Moved into a new place finally, in Manchester. In Old Trafford. Between you and I, it's far from perfect. I'm living with five other people, all of them seem nice but I'm not sure that I'm gonna fit in. I hope I do, but we shall see. I'm being my normal awkward, nervous self I think. So far I'm trying to act friendly, though I'm worried the girl who lives here, a romanian girl, is already finding me a bit weird and annoyed that I don't have much of my own stuff. I think they all find that a bit peculiar actually. I'm only on a 3 month contract anyway, once that's up I can move out or stay on as I please, there's nothing keeping me tied.

I'm also getting the fear a little, worrying about when Kirsty ends up leaving Manchester, what I'll do then. She's only here for three more months, then she moves to London. I'll have completed my three months call centre experience then though and have the ability to move on to pastures new myself if I wanted so it's not that much of a worry I suppose.

The thing I'm most looking forward to right now is Meredith coming over, she arrives on Tuesday. Maybe I'm putting too much on her visiting, chances are she'll meet a load of other people here and not want to spend much time with me at all. It'd be nice if she did want to hang out with me a fair bit though. I'm supposed to be meeting her on Tuesday night for movies and wine, which I'm looking forward to.

Other than that things are same as ever. Spent yesterday sat out in the early summer sunshine at Castlefield with Kirsty, Dave, Dave's friend Craig, Kirsty's old boss Seb, his brother Cedric, their friend Sara and a bunch of others which was nice, then we went back to Seb's and just drank a load more. Afterwards I came back here, around 1am, and sat watching tele with the new housemates for a little before my first night's sleep in my brand new bed.

Today I took a trek down to the Asda in Hulme, about a 20 minute walk away and bought a bunch of plates, glasses, bowls, some orange juice and ribena. There are still more things I need, it's gonna take a while to get everything I think, but I'll get there.

So yes, that's our regular catch up done. Regular nervous moaning over with. Got work again tomorrow, that's getting better and all. Hoping to start achieving my targets this week, which would be nice.

No comments: