Saturday 3 July 2010

Taking My Place Amongst The iPhoned Masses

It's all set up and sexy as hell, my brand new iPhone 3gs 32gb, yeah baby! It is simply the best toy I have ever owned. Already been texting all the best people in the world that I know off of it, I'm such a show off. It's filled with all of, well my most of, my favourite music already and works a dream. The only problem I have is that it doesn't do radio. I hope to sort this a little bit by finding some kind of internet radio app, but I'm almost certain that it won't be able to get Radio 1 at all which I am sheepish to say is my radio station of choice. Maybe this could be a godsend, encouraging me to listen to something a little more different and broad minded for a change?

Ahh I'm so happy with it anyway, and it will actually, in theory, be cheaper to run than my old N95. According to the guy in the Nokia shop I was paying close to £45 a month on my old phone with 500 free minutes or texts, whereas this one is a flat rate bill of £35 per month, with 600 free minutes and 9000 free texts! And 1GB data usage thrown in. Can't grumble with that at all. And the phone is infinitely better than the N95 obviously. This boy is happy with it.

So happy in fact that I just sent my old handset off to an internet recycling website to get £95 for it which will go down a treat this penny pinching month.

In other news, today I am feeling under the weather. Sneezing, coughing, headaches, generally feeling down. I have been told by an authority on the subject that it is what's coined as GlastoFlu. Basically it's a mixture of all the germs that were floating round the Glastonbury site from all the people from all over the world who gathered there and just the general new surroundings, and the fact that you're back in the real world outside the field and having to deal with all of life's quibbles and bullshit again, immune systems low, mental state low, makes for a couple days nastiness. I'm trying to give this weekend up to resting and relaxation but I find that so hard to do. Even when I'm just locked away in my room here I always need to be doing something, tapping away on a keyboard somewhere, flicking through some website. Ok, forced r'n'r begins now.

Yeah anyway, as I said, my iPhone is the bollocks.

No comments: