Thursday 15 July 2010

Head Fully Under The Internet Waters (No Coming Up For Air Now)

I swear I've sat in my room every night for the past week just messing about online. I rarely use the rest of this house apart from the bathroom to have a wash in, and I'm growing increasingly more paranoid that my housemates may be getting offended by my lack of sociability. I don't do it on purpose, I would just genuinely rather sit in my room of a night reading about music, indulging random whims on spotify, stalking old friends on facebook, firing off reams of sentence long thoughts on twitter and writing pages of nonsense on blogspot than sit in front of the tv all evening watching comedy central. Not that I have anything against comedy central, it is tv that I like. I just like the internet way more than any tv.

Now if they would all take their laptops downstairs with me and we could just sit on the sofas communicating with each other that way, I'd be well up for that!

It's raining out, and I've spent all evening reading up on jobs that some recruitment firms want to put me forward for. They seem like proper real adult jobs, well one of them does anyway. This scares me. I know I am a 27 year old man but I swear the adult switch has never flicked in me. This one job is proper booking appointments for a real life employment law man to attend, so it's all about calling businesses up, networking, using your own initiative to find leads. Now I am intelligent, I am articulate, I have a phone voice that people love, but I am also incredibly apathetic. So to fit a job like that, nine or maybe ten hour days in a fast work environment such as that, it would be a whole different life to me. I would need to lose the apathy entirely and become something different. Scarey stuff! I have a phone interview for it tomorrow anyway. See how it goes.

May or may not be going to see First Aid Kit tomorrow night at the Deaf Institute. Which could be good.

No comments: