Saturday 10 July 2010

A General Round-Up Of Nothing Much

The past week has been quite bland. Work-wise I seem to have upped my game a little which is a nice feeling. Outside of work I've mainly been sleeping. Apart from Tuesday night's Kate McGill gig. I will make the effort now to go to at least one gig a week. There's so much happening here that I've just not gone to look for. My apathy is my one main enemy.

Weird thing, I've developed a major love for The Courteeners. This is partly due to my living in Manchester, I keep noticing the Manchester references which never meant anything to me before, and also due to their excellent Glastonbury set. I didn't expect anything of them before but that set just blew me away, it was a pretty straight forward indie rock set but I suppose there's so little quality straight forward indie rock out there at the moment that it makes them stand out more. It's all indie electro now which I like but it's still nice to have proper good indie guitar bands around as well. I mention this because I listen to a Courteeners album every couple of days now which three weeks ago would have been unheard of for me.

I'm considering going to a club tonight, flying solo. This scares me as I haven't done it in years but I suppose if I get to a good indie club it should be fine. I just have a big urge to get out there and spend time around people I'm not used to spending time around. That was the reason I moved here after all, to meet new people and put myself out there. So far I've not been too successful in that, I do know new people but they're all my sister's friends or the few people I work with and I just haven't really seemed to connect with them fully. That's the plan anyway.

This afternoon is perfect for a nice cool shower and to munch on a bag of belgian chocolate chunk cookies. So I shan't waste anymore of it on here.

No comments: