Sunday 4 April 2010

Relocation // Moved

Now I'm living in Manchester. I may or may not write about things that happen here in here.

Very fortunate to be living on Oldham Street at the moment, kipping on a blow-up mattress in the living room of my sister's flat whilst searching for some kind of job. I'm applying for telesales and customer service call centre jobs mainly but so far I'm coming up against brick walls as I'm being told that I don't have enough office experience. Apparently a year at Tower Hamlets council five years ago doesn't count. It's still early days anyway, I've only been job hunting for a week and actually I've already had one interview.

Starting slowly as far as gigging is concerned, mainly because I don't know anyone up here to go gigging with yet and also, as I'm unemployed, I need to be saving my pennies. Caught Youthmovies at The Deaf Institute a couple Wednesdays ago on their last tour before they split. Tomorrow I have a Pete Doherty gig at Moho Live, though I'm not sure he'll actually turn up for that, the day after Kirsty's band Pebble Ridge have a battle of the bands contest at the Jebez Clegg and the night after that I'm hopefully going to see The Paddingtons.

Right, currently I'm watching an episode of Friends, I've spent the whole of Easter Sunday sat on this couch surfing the net, listening to some albums I downloaded, notably The Futureheads - The Chaos, Dum Dum Girls - I Will Be, MGMT - Congratulations and Peggy Sue - Phantoms and Other Fossils. Just had myself a double chicken fillet burger and chips from the chippy downstairs, now gonna stop typing, put my feet up and continue watching tele until I feel tired enough to sleep.

No comments: