Monday 12 April 2010

Ever feel like life's passing you by?

I'm surrounded by people who are just sorted. One of them is two and a half years older than me, a physiotherapist, and is preparing to buy her first ever flat. She is currently renting a smart flat in one of the most sought after locations in Manchester.
Another is three years younger than me, working as an administrator in a debt management firm in central Manchester, knows her job inside out, has a degree and is currently planning on moving to London to start a business.
The other is also three years younger than me, is working in customer service for an internet banking company, just been given a promotion within said company, and is also planning to move to London to start this business with the other person.
When they talk between each other they all sound so sorted, they all have direction, living as confident, headstrong, young professionals with a bright, secure future.

Then I look at me. It's not so rosey. I know I'm starting to head in the right direction but even then it's nothing exciting. My current position, homeless, unemployed, looking for any bottom feeder job that will employ me. That's a lie, I'm not looking for minimum wage work, I am worth slightly more than that, but not much more.

I'm feeling low I admit and that's clouding my rationality, but the dreaded curse of the 27th year is starting to sink it's teeth in after just two days. For positivity's sake I will tell you I have an interview tomorrow for a recruitment firm who want to put me forward for two jobs. I then have another interview for a front of house office role on Friday. All of the jobs are £14k roles. When I finally have a job I'll get a flat immediately.

About 2/3 of the worlds population would probably shout me down for being so pathetic I know. The main thing that will set me up is if I go back to uni in january, that will open up a door or two with some luck. I still plan on doing some volunteer work while I'm here as well. It just takes time for things to happen I suppose, and at least I'm trying to make them happen right now.

I guess it's all part of feeling a bit low, I feel like everyone is looking down on me. I compare myself to others too much and feel like they're doing the same to me. I really hope they aren't and I'm just being paranoid.

Enough moping anyway, soon I'll be out of here and back on track anyway, doing my own thing.

Wallowing over, nevermore will you have to suffer this dear Blogosphere.

No comments: