Sunday 20 March 2011

The Wonderful World Of Lonerdom

The last couple days have been pretty standard. Yesterday was work from 9am through to 5pm, then to the pub for literally one single coca cola before heading back to work for evening manning phones for Comic Relief. That was a bizarre experience in itself. There were around 250 people from my workplace there, big screens showing the Comic Relief tv show at the front of the room, various donated fast foods such as Dominos pizza, KFC and Burger King being passed around to munch on and calls coming through sporadicly all night from 6.30pm til midnight. I took £1003 worth of calls myself, people donating from £5-£200. Some people took calls from people donating £1000. I personally have issues with Comic Relief but all cynicism aside it was actually a fun night.

Completely shattered by the end of it all though, I got home at 12.30, sat up and watched tv til 3am and then just crashed until around 2pm this afternoon. Wallowed in my pit for a couple hours and then left the house around 5pm. As usual on a Saturday I completely forgot that the trip into town would be torturous due to matchday traffic, living in Old Trafford is completely wasted on me, all matchday means to me is overfilled buses and craploads of traffic.

Eventually got into town and stuffed my face with fast food. Then went down to the cinema in the Printworks and watched The Adjustment Bureau. Well I say watched, I managed to chip half of a tooth off just before the film started whilst eating said fast food. The tooth fully chipped during the film so I spent more time running my tongue along the back of my teeth trying to assess the damage than paying attention to the movie.

The damage isn't too bad, a dentist appointment will need to be booked sometime soon though as it looks a bit gappy. And there was my eventful day. You're welcome.

No comments: