Saturday 12 March 2011

Leaving Winter.

This year I seemed to get the winter blues really bad. Like terribly bad! In the past it's always been a term I've heard, even used myself to talk about being a bit down. This winter though it has been awful! Partly home sickness I think, age maybe coming into it too? Being in a new situation definitely. At one point, halfway through January, I was actually on the phone to Mum saying I was considering packing it all up and moving back to Devon again, which she was more than happy for me to do, but she told me to take some time to think it over before making any decisions, that January is a low month for everyone, that thinks may pick up.

And sure as sure can be they did. The post-Christmas blues passed, I'm properly into my work at the moment, getting along with my workmates fine, getting along with my housemates alright, locking myself in my room for hours on end still, aimlessly flicking through music and cinema blogs, jumping on the train to go visiting people, blowing up the airbed to host others, yes this is my life and, y'know, it's alright.

So yes, winter 2010/2011, farewell, I shan't miss you. 2011, you have the potential to be a fucking good one.

Current plans already happening - London on 2nd-3rd April for the Special Needs gig, I have train and coach tickets booked, my cousins wedding on 14th April in Chichester. Jump forward a few months and I then have Parklife Festival in Manchester sometime in July I believe. We can also slot another festival or so in there. Maybe a trip overseas? In the meantime I will work as hard as possible to earn enough cash to play even harder.

The time is 12.35am, Saturday morning. I have work at 9am, which means I have to wake up for 7am. So if I fall asleep as soon as I put this laptop down I will get 6hrs and 25 mins. Time to do just that. Actually I have to write a facebook message first, then sleep.

Goodnight.

No comments: